Selling Your Florida Home
Some homeowners think that selling their own home will save money and give them an advantage over the Realtor-using majority. Before you start down this complicated path, here are a few reasons why using a real estate professional is important:
- You will be drastically limiting your exposure to potential buyers, which means it can take between 10 to 15 times longer to sell your home. Houses that take a long time to sell usually sell for less because buyers believe there must be something wrong with them.
- Most buyers find negotiating with sellers extremely awkward, and therefore avoid For Sale by Owner (FSBO) properties.
- Most buyers use a Realtor in their home search, and most buyers’ agents will typically not work with FSBOs because they will not be paid. This means you will have to offer a selling commission to attract buyer’s agents, which will cut into your expected “savings.”
- Lack of negotiating experience can result in a lower selling price, or worse, a bungled contract and possible lawsuits. It is probably unwise to pit your negotiating skills against those of experienced professionals.
- If you plan to use an attorney to help you negotiate, your attorney’s fees could be considerably higher than a Realtor’s commission. Unlike Realtors, attorneys do not get paid for proactively representing your best interests or mediating delicate situations.
- You only pay a commission to your Realtor if they successfully sell your home or property at a price you are happy with.
Tell us you want to see your home and we'll take care of the rest!
Every step of the way you’ll have our experienced team working for you.